I offer business consulting services for small business owners and enterpreneurs. My target audience is small business owners who cannot afford the rates that leading consulting companies charge, but who could still benefit from having an outsider look at their business with a fresh mindset. My experience shows that the business owner is often caught up in the day-to-day operations of the company and sometimes the big picture is neglected. It is usually helpful to sit down with someone and look at the big picture, to identify the goals that the business owner wants to achieve, and to identify what problems need to be solved for those goals to become reality.
A common scenario that I deal with is when a business has multiple possible investments to choose from. These investments often have different cash flows over time, so it is not always clear which one to select. I will perform a discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis to determine the correct investment that maximizes the value of your business.
Some examples of questions that I advise my clients on:
- Should I hire more staff?
- Should I take on debt to grow faster?
- When is the right time to open a second location?
- Can I grow organically or is it time acquire a competitor?
- What software/technology can be used to improve my processes?
- Should I have a mobile app?